Study the human skull as if you had it in your own hands.
In collaboration with the University of Navarra, we developed an augmented reality app for studying the different parts of the skull.
Anatomy students often find it difficult to study bones and organs since the 2D images in books are not sufficient for visualizing them. This is also true for the human skull, and so we began to develop an application for its study alongside the University of Navarra.
A skull was designed in 3D augmented reality so that the user can see it from different perspectives, as well as scale it, rotate it and see all of its components. It also allows you to take pictures for subsequent study. “Nook Lighting,” a new illumination technology for complex 3D models, was also created.
The result of this project could not be more encouraging. It currently boasts 10,000 downloads and was ranked second in the Medicine section of iTunes. We have also aroused the interest of many universities and research centers like the University of Quindío (Colombia), which will publish a book about this application.
With this app you will be able to study a human skull and you will even feel like having it in your hands! Thanks to Mahei you will start discovering the amazing utilities of Augmented Reality and how these can be applied in the medical world.
1) Download the target for iSkull app from Mahei Innovation website http://www.mahei.es/
2) Start the app and point with the camera to the target. You will immediately be able to see a skull with all features in your screen.
- 3D hyperrealist human skull made by human anatomy professionals.
- Skull view from all possible points of view, possibility of zooming and rotating it.
- Possibility of navigating inside the skull.
- Use "Texture" mode to see different parts of the skull.
- Take pictures to the skull for further study.
- Patented 3D lighting system "Nook Lighting".